Pages

Friday 6 August 2021

Mud run Trip

As I woke up we had already arrived at our destination at Helensville for the tough guy and tough gal mud run there were so many schools there and we were one of them. We all got a bib number with the color blue on it and everyone got a bib number but some of us had different colors than the rest than my classmates and I all got into a small circle and did some stretches, as we were done with the stretches the announcer call everyone that was wearing a bib number with the color blue on it to come down to the starting line as we were near the starting line I was excited and a bit nervous because it was my first time then all of a sudden "Bang!" then we were off me and my brother (Gideon) took off away from all of our friends and trying to catch up with the people that were in 1st place as we were running we seen kids getting muddy and falling over into the mud but me and my brother tried not to get too much mud on us we then had to cross a small little pond me thinking it was not that deep so I try to run across it but then all of a sudden I end up falling into the pond all soaking wet but still carried on and we have also seen a lot of kids shoe in the mud. Then we had to go up this steep hill while everyone was walking my brother and I ran past all of them as we made it up that difficult hill we can see everyone that attended the race and even the starting line we then had to climb over a way taller fence then me but my brother and I were up for any challenges so we climb that fence as fast as we could and made it over before some of them that were already there before me and my brother we then had to run down the hill while trying not to fall over. The next challenge was to crawl like you are in the army under a net that has spikes on it and through a small tunnel we then had to jump over some large trees that were cut down as we were getting closer to the finish line the mud was getting so sticky then my feet got stuck in the mud and that I couldn't get it out but after I gave it a little shake my feet were finally free then I just carried on running. As we got near the finish line we had to cross a bridge but we had to watch out cause it was slippery but as I crossed the bridge I could see the finish line I then started sprinting past all of the kids that were in front of me and crossed the finish line as I did I felt tired but happy that I made it with my brother. As everyone was done we all had a nice warm shower and ate lunch after that we also stayed for prize giving the sad thing was that not all of us could get a prize but two of my classmates did which they got them self a soccer ball and a rugby ball. As prize-giving was over we were all exhausted from all the running that we did we all then got into the car and drove off back to school.

It was very fun and I wish to do it again one day.



1 comment:

  1. hi Jaydin i really liked your mud run trip keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.